Seven Layer Greek Dip Recipe from J.J. Keeler
In I Hardly Ever Wash My Hands: The Other Side of OCD, I am the main character – and therefore not a cook. However, like the Seven Layer Greek Dip, the anxiety disorder Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) also has many layers. What you see on the surface is not always what is truly going on underneath. Also, you eat this with your hands so if you hardly wash them too, you might want to this time around.
J.J. Keeler’s Website
Seven Layer Greek Dip Recipe
A Greek version of Seven Layer Mexican Dip with yogurt, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese. Perfect for parties!
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or Greek seasoning (see note)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 cup seeded, diced cucumbers
- 1 cup seeded, diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions (about 3 scallions)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pita chips, fresh vegetables, and/or flatbread for serving
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine the yogurt, dill weed or seasoning, lemon juice and garlic and mix until light and fluffy. Spread in the bottom of a pie plate or a small, shallow baking dish.
- Spread a layer of hummus on the yogurt. Create layers by sprinkling, in order: the cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, scallions, and feta cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with pita chips, fresh vegetables, and/or flatbread.
Greek seasoning can be found in many grocery and specialty stores, and can include a variety of spices such as onion, garlic, oregano and mint.
This entry was posted in Appetizers
. Bookmark the permalink